Τρίτη 23 Ιουνίου 2015

Travel broadens the mind


So, guys and gals. Here's the big surprise of our first class: 
Our course has a unique NOVELTY: no books! Just the net, this blog and specially designed material by our teacher, Mrs Effie Kyriklakis.

IN our first lesson we found a common interest:
Travelling is a pssion for veryone in our team, so
today we'll talk about travelling and getting to know the world.
Let's look at different kinds of exploration one can do here.

Language points
Talking about travelling, we get to use a gerund.
How much do you remember about Gerunds and Infinitives?
Well, here's a YouTube tutorial to watch.
After that do activities 3,4, 13,15 here.

Activities
 ...and the change goes on!
Even assignments are completely different: 
First, look at the holiday pictures/videos and read abut them on Pinterest.
Then, find photos (on Pinterest or Google) of  YOUR favourite way to explore the world and chose   
- create a board on Pinterest
- create a photopeach presentation

AND
Write a comment of 100words in this post about your favourite holiday destination USING the VOCABULARY we've seen in class.

Also, be prepared to present a 5min talk about where you would like to travel and why USING the VOCABULARY we've seen in class.
Fun, eh? Can't wait to see your posts, everyone!!!

Your presentations will be published here
London on PhotoPeach by Dimitra A Rome on PhotoPeach by Rafael Holidays in the jungle on PhotoPeach by Matina Paros on PhotoPeach by Vasia

4 σχόλια:

  1. Well, my favorite kind of holidays is the adventure holidays in the jungle .I choose this one because i think that it's the only one that combines holidays, danger and learning .If i ever had the chance to spent my holidays in a jungle i will just do it but i prefer holidays with friends so i definitely take my friends with me .I'm sure that it will be like a survive game ,colourful plants, strange animals and tall trees, nothing is more interesting than this .I thing that holidays in the jungle is every person's dream because the human kind has born with the need for exporation.
    Matina

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Dear, Iro

    The best kind of holidays for me is with my family or with my friends in an island. Something that I want to see in an island is the windmiles. Wildmile is a characteristic of an island. At some islands the houses are built in a slope so I want to see the view and how you feel when you are at a slope of a hill or mountain. We will stay at a hotel that it must have pool and breakfast. I want the island we will go to have some open air or indoors archaeological sites
    Dimitra

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Dear Jane,
    How are you? I’m writing this email to tell you about what kind of holidays that I like. I love all kinds of holidays, but especially I fancy exploration and relaxation. That’s why I decide to go to a beach. It’s a marvelous place where anyone can swim, play and go diving. Anyone can also get rest and relax. The beaches are a major place where live both common and strange kinds of fishes. The beaches are suitable for families and companies. They are usually visited in summer. Here in Greece, there are a lot of spectacular beaches. Some of my favourite are the beaches in Paros and Lefkada!
    What do you think about it? Write back with your news!

    Yours,
    Vasia

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Dear Jane,
    How are you? I’m writing this email to tell you about what kind of holidays that I like. I love all kinds of holidays, but especially I fancy exploration and relaxation. That’s why I decide to go to a beach. It’s a marvelous place where anyone can swim, play and go diving. Anyone can also get rest and relax. The beaches are a major place where live both common and strange kinds of fishes. The beaches are suitable for families and companies. They are usually visited in summer. Here in Greece, there are a lot of spectacular beaches. Some of my favourite are the beaches in Paros and Lefkada!
    What do you think about it? Write back with your news!

    Yours,
    Vasia

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή